The cobblestones in the yard are from the days it was West’s Brewery. Then, horses and drays would have loaded barrels of beer in the yard.
The photo below shows West’s Brewery on Hackney Road. Opposite it was The Nag’s Head Public House. Hackney Road was busy with small trade shops and factories until around the 1970s.
Note wires for trolleybuses above the buildings. Trolleybuses served the London Passenger Transport Area from 1931 until 1962.